[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Wives and Tesla coils

Hi Gary,

Yes your right - the sparks make quite a bit of noise. Of the spark gaps I've
built, the latest is the quietest and most efficient. The "real" noise is
safety gap(s) firing (very load across the cap). If the safety gap is across
the gap, then the safety gap can also be enclosed to reduce noise along with
the spark gap. It is impractical to try reducing the sparks noise. However, it
doesn't hurt to reduce as many contributors to noise as possible.

Bart