From: Tesla List [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Friday, May 19, 2000 9:27 AM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: Last minute check before spendin' $$$

Original Poster: "Herwig Roscher" <herwig.roscher-at-gmx.de>

"sundog" wrote:

> 6 (!) 12kv NST's -at-30mA each
>...haven't found a variac, so we're doin the "full bore from the get
go" here.

Shad,

If you wanted to run-in your system with reduced power without
having a variac, you could wire your NSTs in groups: The HV-leads
of all NSTs are connected to the HV-bus permanently. The LV-
leads of e.g. 2 NSTs are connected, building group #1 and the LV-
leads of e.g. 4 NSTs are connected, building group #2. So you
could start with 2 NSTs and low power and add group #2 later = full
power.

I did this with banks of OBITs and it worked without any problem.

Safe coiling to you!

Herwig