[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Moderator note

Hi All,

There are many new people on the list these days :-))  We have about 700
members so new coilers are not alone!

I should probably mention a few things for the newer people...

The Tesla list ONLY deals with the subject of Tesla coils.  We get up to 90
posts per day (30 average) so we are really strict about keeping things
fairly on the topic of practical tesla coil subjects.

With 700 people, we can send out up to 65000 e-mails a day and we will get
to about 8 million total e-mails this year!  Thus, we ask that posts be
kept fairly on subject and not excessively wordy.  Also cutting off
unneeded parts of old posts you reply to helps keep the bandwidth from
getting too jammed.

We do not send or accept file attachments of any type.  If you do see a
file attachment, assume it is a virus or something.  It should not have
been sent.  Some mail systems may add files at your end which are probably
fine but that is out of our control.

It is nice if everyone has some name or handle to go by and sign their
posts with it.  That makes it much easier for everyone to keep track of who
is saying what.  Otherwise, we start sending answers to the wrong people
and...  it just gets messy...

Of course, profanity, flaming, trolling (that's a new one ;-)), and other
obnoxious behavior is not allowed...

Posts to the list are pre screened by the moderator (presently, me) to be
sure they are appropriate.  If I don't post something to the list, I always
write back to the person explaining why.  It can take up to 24 hours for a
post to make it out to everyone so be a bit patient...

If something is not of general interest to the whole list, it is often best
just to write back to a specific person.

This list is for pure beginners to highly advanced experts.  Thus we get
the full range of posts and questions about Tesla coils...

Cheers,

	Terry
	terrellf-at-uswest-dot-net