[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tesla's Wireless Power Transmission ==> was Re: Non-techQuestion

> Original Poster: "Dan Kunkel" <kunk77-at-juno-dot-com>
>
> Noah,
>
> I believe the reason Tesla used such a large topload is a two fold
> answer.
>
> First...it lowered the resonant frequency of the coil down to the earth's
> resonant frequency.
>
> Second...he did not tune his "transmitting" coils for spark. He would put
> a large topload capacitance on his coils so that no spark would be able
> to break out (re-tuning the primary of course to the new freq). What this
> did was force massive amounts of current into the ground. In fact, about
> 90% of the coils energy was pumped into the ground while only 10% was
> radiated out into the atmosphere via the topload. When you tune for
> spark, it is the opposite, 90% of the energy is used for the spark. These
> figures are round, and are different for every coil.
>
> What I want to know is, did he plan to use these resonant ground currents
> in the earth AND excite the ionisphere (or the Schuman cavity as wer call
> it today)?
>
> Dan

What I want to know is, was his Wardencliff coil capable of producing
frequencies in the ELF region (Extremely Low Frequencies = 30Hz - 300Hz)???
The first Schumann 'frequency' is 8Hz, but certainly at this frequency the
absorption of the earth would be major problem. The losses would be much
bigger then 1/r^2!!! Sorry guys.

BTW, if you want to know more about 'earth resonance' look at:
www.oulu.fi/~spaceweb/textbook/content.html
This is really a must see!!!

Ruud de Graaf