[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

First light

I finally got all my equipment set, mmc's soldered, transformer found,
and everything all wired up.  I flipped the switch and no sparks.  I
went up to the toroid and was able to pull 4" streamers to my finger,
obviously the voltage was not high enough for breakout.  I am running
15kv-at-30ma nst.  I think one of my major faults is my spark gap, it can
be seen, along with pics of my coil at:
http://people.ce.mediaone-dot-net/guido28/ .  I think the other problem may
be that my secondary is wound out of what looks to be 17-18awg magnet
wire on a 3" form about 31" high.  Another fault i believe may be my
mmc.  The caps i am using seem to not like tesla use, but what can you
expect for $20 for 100.  They are rated for .01uf -at- 4000v.  But hey, for
the first time i can't complain!  Any comments would be welcome,
especially about my diagnosis.

Thanks a lot,
Brad DiGiovine