[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

LV line filters

greetings to everybody!

I got my low voltage line filter today, and I don't know how to use it best, so
I thought you could help me :

One side has three connectors (phase, neutral and ground) and the other has
only two (p and n)
On the three contectors side, it is written "power line". My first idea was to
plug the power line on that side, and the x-former on the other. But, those
kind of filters are normally designed to protect the "thing" you plug in from
interferences comming from the electrical network, but in a TC case, we want do
do the opposite : protect the house network from high frequences coming from
the x-former. So my question is : Do I have to wire the filter backwards, with
the power line side connected to the x-former, or doesn't it matter?
And what about the ground connection : RF ground or house ground?

Thank you for your help

Samuel