[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tesla's Wireless Power Transmission ==> was Re: Non-techQuestion

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: "Thomas McGahee" <tom_mcgahee-at-sigmais-dot-com>
>
> For those who want to read some other stuff that Tesla himself
> wrote about his world wireless system, check out.......

> If you decide to go to the very beginning of the autobiography
> you will see that the person who posted this copy of Tesla's autobiography
> looks upon him as some kind of a demigod. Just ignore the hero
> worshipping introduction.

	I read a name for this type of worship in Science magazine some time
back.  Can't remember it, but is started with "hagio..".  Do you know
the word, by chance?  Surely applies to the great power cult.

> The autobiography speaks for itself.
> I originally read this autobiography in 1964, and it looks like
> the poster has kept the information within the book intact.
>
> One note of caution: when Tesla speaks about his wireless system
> he very explicitly is NOT referring to radio. I think a lot of
> confusion has arisen

	(about the whole subject)

due to the fact that "wireless" and "radio"
> are synonomous in many people's minds. For Tesla "wireless" simply
> means "without wires".

	But NOT without a conductor (the ionized upper atmosphere).

> Fr. Tom McGahee

	Well put!

Ed