[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Problem with the coil.

Hi Kamil,

The secondary system capacitance is 21.25pF

I got 11.03mH for the secondary inductance so the resonant frequency should
be 329kHz.  You primary inductor and cap will have to always be tuned to
this frequency.

For a 50nF primary cap I get a tap point at 3.79 turns
For a 100nF primary cap I get a tap point at 2.66 turns

The resonant cap size is 36.73nF so a larger cap like 50nF should be pretty
good if you ran normally (non DC charging).  You system power is 2kW so you
should get roughly 70 inch arcs.

A full sync LTR value would be 97nF from my other post today "Re: Power in
a TC System" using the formula C = 0.84 I / (V x BPS).  However, if you DC
charge you can use any cap but you still need to insure that cap and your
primary are tuned to the secondary resonant frequency.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

	Terry

At 12:54 PM 05/21/2000 +0200, you wrote:
>Thanks for Your answers. To give you better viev of my coil I post
>my wtl file.
>
>Primary Transformer Output Voltage (VAC)
>13000.0000
>Primary Transformer Rated Current (AMP)
> 0.1500
>Primary Transformer Input Frequency (HZ)
>50.0000
>Primary Transformer Input Voltage (VAC)
snip...