[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: pole pigs - they're great but why didn't ypu protect...

Tesla List wrote:

Ok, David,

I like big xfrmrs too - I have a way over-heavy
duty capable  1-kva USNavy Surplus 5 kvac SP
115 VAC iinput transformer - Stretch Out two
coat hangers, try a Jacob's latter...and a white
arc burning iron results - But tell me, why didn't
you protect your NST w/ a series RFC on the HV
terminal and a Shut (between load and RFC) RF
Capacitor to carry the RF?!  That way you'd have
attenuated your XFRMR's HVRF Insult!  If it is
a two HV terminal NST, two RFC's and one Cap
can be used, otherwise the Cap could short the
HV RF to GND.  Better make sure XFMR-RFC-
-CAP is nonresonant at 60 Hz, BTW.

Gary http://members.home-dot-net/swimp/