[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: CD's

On Mon, 22 May 2000 11:44:01 -0600, you wrote:

>Original Poster: Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>
>
>Hi Bryan,
>
>	CD's have a layer of aluminum in them.  Since they are horizontal, there
>may be a chance the voltage would not flame up the CD but best to try it
>first before commiting it to the secondary.  I "think it might" work but
>there is a good chance the metal will burn up too....
>
>Cheers,
>
>	Terry
If there is any metal, it won't be there for long - the sharp edge
(due to thinness) will create corona streamers which will rapidly
vaporise it off.
www-dot-netcomuk.co.uk/~wwl/cdzap.html

But they do have a hole in the middle, and you probably want to seal
the secondary to reduce the risk of internal arcing.