From: Tesla List [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 23, 2000 7:12 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Better Electrode Material

Original Poster: "Ryan Ries" <spud-at-wf-dot-net>

	I haven't posted to the list in a long time; I've been so busy with
scholastic stuff lately, and overclocking my computer hardware until I can
fry eggs on it. (I got a new shipment of peltiers in :-))  Anyway,  I have
an air-blast gap that works well for me, but I have only two electrodes
which are nothing more than 1/4"x3" zinc-plated steel carriage bolts.
Needless to say the zinc plating burned off of the heads of the bolts long
ago.  I am wondering if anyone out there on the list has any material
(bolts hopefully) that could substitute for my steel, such as brass or
aluminum.  I've never seen a copper bolt, and aluminum bolts are almost as
rare.  But, if anyone can get ahold of some brass bolts that are 1/4" in
diameter, and 3" - 4" long, PLEASE tell me.  I don't want to have to build
a new spark gap to accomodate for different sized bolts (but I can if I
have to), and I really prefer bolts because they are easy to put ring
terminals on and secure them with nuts.  Any help (or advice) would be
appreciated!

	Thanks,
	    Ryan Ries