[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Optimal toroid elevation

Marco,

Funny this should come up... I've been playing with different
combinations of corona rings and toroid heights with the
Model 9J lately (www.teslacoil-dot-com).

The Model 9J was meant to be hung from truss upside down
or placed on the floor rightside up. The operating characteristics
turn out to be very different for each configuration. As far as
rightside up, the toroid height needed to be adjusted to better
shape the e-field.

Here's what worked: (20" x 60" winding length, 48" x 12" toroid
and a 23" x 1/2" corona disk)

Corona disk centerline 7.75" above top winding
Toroid (centerline) 13.5" above top winding

Jeff