[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Cap and RFC Questions

I have some questions..
Forst of all, how do I test the capacitance of beer bottle caps? I have
some old
Henry's bottles that I want to use.. do I have to use 40s or will a larger
number
of smalller bottles work as well?  About chokes.. which side of the NST do they
go on? I've seen them both on the house voltage side and on the
high-voltage side
before the tank loop. which is best, or should I do both? Does anybody know
of a
page with a good guide to non-torrid choke construction?  I know a saftey
gap is
a smart thing to use.. where in the circuit does an overload cap go? Would
2 or 3
beer bottles work well in this application? And one final question... is a
variac
a necesity for a beginning coiler? If so, where is a good place to look for one
at a decent price?
Thanks,
Brad