[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Common ground for primary circuit

Hey all,

I was wondering why a lot of coilers insist on not grounding one  of
their HV xfmr's two output leads as a common grd. and letting the
other lead be the "hot" lead? I of course realize that this is not  an
option for most NSTs as they are almost always sec. midpoint
grounded or for some ganged  xfmr arrangements, but for a single or
double HV bushing pole pig, why insist on two "hot" leads and a
grd. instead of only one "hot" lead and a com. RF grd?

                                                        David