[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

two new transformers... what should i use them for?

I picked up two transformers at Teche Electric, a nearby store.
One is an old Mercury Lamp Ballast.  It's Huge, and weighs in
at 24 pounds :)
Specs:

Type:             Indoor HI. React. Auto-transformer
Cat. no.          333-1331
For one:         400 Watt H33 Mercury lamp
Pri Volts:        105/115/125 Normal 60 Hz
Line Amps:     6.0
Sec. O.C.V:    220
Sec. Currnet:   3.2A

The Other is a brand spankin new:
High Pressure Sodium Ballast Lamp Transformer.
Make:         MagneTek
Cat. no.:     12210-237-C-TC

For one 70 Watt S62 High Pressure Sodium Lamp
It includes a Built in Starter (would that be any good for coiling?)
*NO PCB's*  (what is that?)
Minimum starting temp -40 degrees Celcius; for indoor and outdoor use.
Ground Ballast Case, Autotransformer, high reactance type.

Specs:
Primary:             120/277 Volts 60 Hz
Line:                  .90/.39 Amps
Open Voltage:    140 Volts
Made for 70W bulb.

It doesn't say what secondary voltage is, but I thought someone here may be
able to tell me
or at least give me a good TC related use for one of these.
Thanks in advance