[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

PFC caps.

    Hi all!  Well, as the 3rd draws nearer I'm working to get
everything set. I've noticed my 6 nst's pull down quite a bit of
power, so I've been digging up PFC caps to put on it.  Here's my
question..
    I recently recieved 2 big run caps from 2 AC units.  Each can
(metal), a big oval box.  The caps are rated 370vac and have 35/5
uf.  There are 3 terminals on top of it.  1 common and a 35uf lug
for the compressor, and a 5 uf for the fan motor.  If I wire the
common up to 1 side of the mains, and both the 5 and 35uf together,
to the other side of the mains, do I get a 40uf PFC cap, or should
I just ignore the 5uf side altogether?

                                                    Thanks!
                                                         Shad