[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

adjustable secondary?

In my current coil-build I'm endeavouring to make as many
parameters as possible adjustable (not necessarily while it's
running !), and I'm wondering if it's possible to make an
adjustable secondary coil, with a sliding tap.
I was thinking about putting it at the bottom, grounded end,
where situation is high-current/low voltage. The slider would
have an adjustment range of perhaps 50 turns. The enamel
coat would be scraped off by it only at the point of contact,
and to prevent flashover across the turns, even at this low
voltage end, the turns could be spaced more openly in this
region.
Would this option be worth pursuing ?
					Richard Barton