[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Formula for true self capacity of a coil.

Hi Malcolm,
your coil data was the only reliable measurements I could test this equation
by. My own measurements of coils are dubious due to poor equipment and
practical experience. As an aside, when I first got into coiling I was
subscribing to the ITS discussion list. I needed a method to calculate the
self capacity of a coil (this was about three years ago), you sent me a qbasic
program that worked it out. You must have been the only one on that list who
knew anything about TCs.

Anyway, the formula looks o.k at the moment, but Bob will verify it for sure.

Regards,

Gavin