Re: Halloween Fun

In a message dated 11/1/00 12:03:49 PM Pacific Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

<< Original poster: "Ted Rosenberg" <Ted.Rosenberg-at-radioshack-dot-com>  >>
wrote:

<<<<how do you set up the coil to
prevent some teeny bopper from running up to it and pointing...for a second
before vaporization?>>>>>

Hi Ted,

I simply sat in the back of my shop ( with the control panel )
and watched toward the front yard for trik-or-treaters. When
I spotted some "victims", I would energize the Tesla coil. I
kept the RSG running so I could quickly energize/ de-energize the
coil at a moment's notice. I NEVER leave the coil running unattended
by itself, at any time! Besides, I couldn't escape my shop with
the coil running, as the 10 ft. spark-spouting monster blocks my only
only means of exit from the shop, unless I climb out a window. If
an overly curious "teeny-bopper" was to start to get too close,
I would simply shut her down. I could spot them long before they
spotted me. But I don't have to worry about too many people getting
close to 10 ft. sparks with 8 to 10 kVA of power behind them! Sparks
of this magnitude kind of demand respect without anything being said!

Keeping 'em Sparkin' in Memphis,
David Rieben