Re: First THOR measurement results

In a message dated 11/2/00 7:51:15 AM Pacific Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

<< The performance of Thor (spark length) decreases quite rapidly within 15-30
 seconds. This is expecially noticeable without the copper rod placed on the
 toroid: then streamers are quite rare and stop coming within 10-15 seconds.
 What
 might be the reason? I suppose the RSG overheating and crippling the
quenching
 or what? I have already heard of this kind of behaviour but I can't recall
what
 was the explanation. Anybody?

Hi Marco,

I would say that your assumption that the RSG isn't properly queching
is correct. Whenever I see diminishing perfromance after initial power up,
the SG is the first thing that I look at. Try placing another SG in series w/
the current gap to further disapate the excess heating of the single RSG
assembly. This may help. BTW, I tried to access your web-page, but I
was unable to pull it up. May try again later.

Keeping 'em Sparkin' in Memphis,
David Rieben