cardboard tube

I stand by my suggestion to use a cardboard tube for a beginning or
somewhat advanced coiler.  The tubes are cheap, easily obtained, and very
easily prepped with suitable coatings to withstand moisture and abuse.  I
am now finishing my secondary on a 12"diameter "QUICKTUBE" form with
#14ga. solid wire that will be the drive coil for the tertiary magnifier.
  If these cardboard tubes are sealed appropriately, then they will work
just as well as a plastic tube....  Now, lets see, plastic tubes are made
from various forms of what?   Well hydrocarbons of course.  Anything made
from earth derived oil or plant derived oil will share one common bond,
and that is, they are both made from hydrocarbons, and the key word here
is 'carbon' in its many shapes and forms (SO THEN, I ask you), do you
really think that when you use a plastic pipe that it is really superior
to a cardboard tube?     I will tell you this: Place a nice big piece of
nice white or black abs, cpv or cpvc, green or whatever color plastic
tube in  the microwave, you will see that these tubes also heat up in
your microwave, does this mean they are full of moisture?    AL.