Re: Safety mindedness, was Mega-Sized Secondaries

In a message dated 11/5/00 9:15:12 PM Eastern Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

>  Take my driving habits. I think I was a safer driver during the first few
>  years than I am now because my mind tends to wonder and driving becomes
>  automatic. I would prefer that my mind NOT wonder, but it seems to have the
>  say over my will as to what it's going to do. Similar with coiling. I think
>  working with any tools or equipment that can potentially do harm is never
>  safe, that sooner or later, being imperfect, each and every one of us would
>  get hurt. It's just a matter of time.

Garry,

It is true that humans are imperfect, but by believing that you will
eventually get hurt, I think you make injury more likely.  The mind
tends to bring one's beliefs into reality.  I suggest that folks realize
the dangers of coiling, but don't believe that you *will* eventually
get hurt.... or it will be more likely to occur.  Believe that you will
not get hurt, and use all the necessary safety measures to insure
that you don't.   I agree with you, never underestimate the dangers.

I hope your finger survives.

Coiling safely in NJ
John Freau
---