From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Thursday, November 09, 2000 8:14 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: AC Split phase motor????

Original poster: "BunnyKiller" <bigfoo39-at-telocity-dot-com>

Hi All...

I had an unpleasant situation occur last week...  I fried my SRSG. :(   the
hi
volt line was too close to the motor mounting bolt, so guess what went to
the
closest ground ??  ;)   )

Altho i did find another motor to replace it, it is a 1/3 HP 1760rpm 120V
model
from Sears.

heres the question..  What is a split phase motor? and can it be modified
for sync
rpms? (1800)
the design "looks" as if it is the same as my last inductive 1/5 hp motor (
windings and core etc) (( 4 field windings and a "solid" rotor)) I searched
the
archives a bit and saw nothing on Split Phase motors.

Scot D