Re: Temperature

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "davep" <davep-at-quik-dot-com>
>
> another aspect to temperature, in certain climes:
>
>         If a ground system, to Real Ground has been found useful
>         AND
>         IF the local ground is subject to freezing
>
>         Frozen Water is Goodish insulator.  This was discussed 'here'
>         some years back and turns out to be a known effect in power
>         system grounding.  Basically, the ground gets 'worse'.
>
>         best
>         dwp

dave,
this is absolutely correct. in "laying out" the power of a local medical
facility, this point was brought up.
it was explained to me by a EE and from what i gathered from the ,over my
head, overly complicated, boy am i confused now, explanation, i took it
to boil down to contact area of the ground particles? if the earth is
frozen, the ice crystals don't contact each other in a "smooth" form as
if there is a liquid water bond?
this is were i learned about using tree fertilizer spikes around ground
rods, it seems the nitrates not only add to the conductivity, but help
when frozen some how?
i had completely forgotten about this until you mentioned it, thank you.
marc