Re: Latest field stress data and racing arcs.

Hi Greg,

At 11:26 AM 11/12/2000 -0700, you wrote:
>Neat image!
>Sorry that I haven't been paying close attention, but
>what is E-Tesla-6?
>Does it calculate peak E&M fields around a coil structure?

snip...

E-Tesla6 is the next generation of my Tesla coil Fo calculation program.
The program uses a big finite element analysis to find the fields around a
coil, Ceq, and Fo.  As a sideline, it outputs the voltage and a stress
grids (the picture I posted) array of numbers that were imported to MathCad
to make the picture.

E-Tesla6 is still in the "working on it" stage but E-Tesla5 is available.
However, now that we can calculate and even measure the voltage profiles on
the secondary directly, I find that E-Tesla5 has errors in the fields.
Thus I am correcting those now in the next version.  The present version
outputs the same files but the fields are a little inaccurate and I don't
recommend going by them for any critical applications.  Version 6 will fix
that.  If you know the maximum voltage of a coil, it will plot the E-fields
around the coil in accurate units.  If you just put in any voltage, it will
still plot the fields with an unknown (but proportionally correct) scale.
It also outputs fields stress in volts/unit again if you know the terminal
voltage.  Thus it can easily find breakout points and such.  If such things
interest you, you should definitely get E-Tesla5 now and the next version
should be ready pretty quick too.  Of course, the program is free, public
domain, with source code and all.  I am only supporting the "C" version
from now on and letting the "BASIC" version go.

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/Programs/Programs.htm

Cheers,

	Terry