Rf Grounding

Hey guys,

I have a question about RF grounding and I was hoping
some of you may be able to answer my question. Does
the RF ground need to be completely electrically sepe-
rated from the other AC service mains ground(s)? From
what I gather, this seems to be what people are saying.
It seems to me that whether these grounds are connected
by a wire or by the conduction to the ground itself, they
are not going to be completely electrically isolated from
each other. It would make sense to have the RF ground
as close as practical to the base of the Tesla coil, but I
can't see disallowing any wire connection between the RF
and AC mains ground. I mean they are going to be polarized
to the same ground. Just MHO.

Keeping 'em Sparkin' in Memphis,
David Rieben