Re: Superior Power Supply

In a message dated 11/15/00 6:50:26 PM Eastern Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

> Original poster: "Basura, Brian" <brian.basura-at-unistudios-dot-com>
>
>  Alan,
>
>  I have to disagree. When I had my coil set up to run in a DC mode I was
>  able to let the RSG spin down to less than .5-bang per second and the spark
>  length wasn't effected I was still getting 5'-6' arcs). What was noticeable
>  was the thickness and brightness of the arcs decreased as the bang rate
>  dropped below 4-5 bangs per second.
>
>  Maybe Kevin O. has some comments on this. His DC coil ran at any break rate
>  if I remember correctly...
>
>  Regards,
>  Brian B.

Brian,

Maybe your cap was charging to a lower and lower voltage as
you increased your break rate?  This would tend to keep the
spark length constant.  I think the other fellow was refering to
a system in which the cap voltage remains constant at any
break rate, which should give a spark length increase as the
break rate is increased.

John Freau