Re: "B&W" Spark-Pic's + Rotary

Hi Bert,

thanks for your positive comments about my coil! - Yes, to power
the coil, I'm using 4 PT's: VK30 from Moser-Glaser AG (CH). They
are 16kV/100V, with the 16kV sides in parallel, and the four 100V
sides in series, connected via variac to the 400V AC of the 50Hz
power-line. For their original use, these PT's were rated 120W
(precision 0.5%) and 800W thermally. I'm using them for ~3kVA in
the TC.
The 3 Maxwell-capacitors are of type 31235,  0.3uF/100kV, with a
max.peak-current of 25kA and a max. RMS current of 25A. Design
life is only 30'000 shots, but I'm using them much below their
voltage rating, by connecting the 3 in series. Sooo...I hope they
should last quite a time. The size is 2.3"x5.9"x28.8".

Greets, Kurt

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Bert Hickman" <bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-net>

<snip old mail>