Rings/ was A couple cruddy coil pics

Hi Bart and all,

In our case, it has gone from top to bottom either way, hence the rings.
Since we live in Florida, the humidity during the summer kills our coil
time and our coil :).  We spent the good half of the summer repairing
damage from sparks traveling all the way down the secondary (nice fire and
smoke, but not quite what we wanted), so Rod decided to put rings on to see
if it would cure the flashovers.  It helped a little, but the humidity
still killed us.  He made them out of 3/8" HDPE he bought at a local
plastics fabricator and fastened them on with epoxy.  Now that's it's a bit
cooler and drier we've noticed the flashover problem has gone away,
although we still hit the rail quite a bit.

Rod & Patti