I'm Sold on MMCs and RSGs!

	Well, tonight I finally got around to firing up my coil with an entirely
new tank circuit - and I am impressed!!  I finished my SRSG today - it is
made of a 1200 rpm synchronous motor, fitted with a 5"x3/8" Lexan rotor, 6 x
1/4" brass bolt electrodes, all attached to a 4" copper ring.  The
stationary electrodes are also 1/4" brass bolts.  Unfortunately, I think the
motor picks up a different sync at each startup, as the performance varies
greatly from run to run.
	I also got to use my new MMC cap array as well - it is made of 100 ERO
.068uf 1.6KV (Mike Tucknott) caps (Thanks again!).  They are arranged in 10
modules, at .0068uf -at- 16KV each, and all ten are hooked in parallel for a
total of .068uf -at- 16KV.  I am using the standard carbon-film 1/2W 10M
resistors for bleeders (These in particular are from All Electronics,
www.allcorp-dot-com ), and havn't experienced any problems yet.  For reference,
the rest of my setup is 12KV-at-150ma Neon bank, 8" secondary wound ~850 turns,
and a large topload.
	The results are spectacular!  The coil certainly has a better sound to it
and the discharge length increased by several feet!  I'm sold on those two
items!  The coil looked to be restrained by my garage walls, so I plan on
taking it outside tomorrow for some more tuning and no breakpoint!  Thank
you again for the assistance with the SRSG, and the MMCs.  I doubt I could
have done it (or at least done it that good!) without the list's help.
 And - I plan on posting some pictures of those two improvements on my
website in the next day or two for any interested parties.  Thanks again,

-Andy C.