Re: tesla troubles

Original poster: Parpp807-at-aol-dot-com

In a message dated 11/25/00 9:17:10 PM Central Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

<< you don't want ahuge amount of undissolved salt, but you do want a
saturated solution. >>

Other than enuff salt assuring that the water is a good electrolyte, why must
the
solution for a saltwater cap be saturated?

Cheers,
Ralph Zekelman

While my last chemistry course was in 1963, if I remember correctly, the
reason for the recommendation of a saturated solution is that it has the
maximum conduction = minimum effective resistance, ergo lowest internal
voltage drop.

Peace & Joy
Matt Deming