Re: MOT trouble

Finn:
	Convert to DC ... you won't need the safety gaps or such
a tricky setup procedure.  You also no longer need to deal with
all the sync problems and you can use several MOTs at a time in
parallel (each with their own rectifier) or make a full-wave MOT
setup with two transformers.

You also won't need any AC-side ballasting ... just a reasonable
DC-side limiter resistor and a single AC variac (perhaps a small
second one for the ASRG).

Best,
	Kevin