Re: An inexpensive X-ray machine

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Andrew W" <fateagk-at-home-dot-com>

> The Oudin Coil is just a "standard" Tesla Coil with the inner most turn (or
> bottom turn on a helical primary) of the primary connected to the bottom
> turn of the secondary and both connected to ground. All Oudin coils that I
> have seen have a cone shaped secondary. I believe that its to reduce primary
> to secondary arcs. Here is a good website for more information...
> http://www.physics.gla.ac.uk/~kskeldon/PubSci/exhibits/E8/

An Oudin coil is an "autotransformer" version of a Tesla coil. The
connection between primary and secondary is from the top of the
primary to the bottom of the secondary. The bottom of the primary is
grounded.
They can also be solenoidal:
http://www.coe.ufrj.br/~acmq/fle18.jpg (Fleming, 1910)
http://www.coe.ufrj.br/~acmq/tur200.jpg (Turpain, 1908)