Re: E-Tesla6

Original poster: "Barton B. Anderson" <tesla123-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Hi All, Sarah,

My reply on this is late too. I'll try to be quick.

I tried running the E-Tesla6 on Win95 platform and received the same DOS error
(really strange) as the original poster with the problem.

I right clicked to check out the "properties". Well, no dos properties came up
(as expected).

For the heck of it: I located the "Exit To Dos.exe" file (c:/windows) and
checked the properties. On the Program tab, I clicked the Advance button. There
are options to "Let MS detect..", "MSDOS Mode", "Prevent MS from detecting..".
I clicked on "MSDOS mode" and got out of properties. I then double-clicked the
"Exit To Dos" short cut icon. I exited out of windows. I then restart windows
(type Exit). I went back and reset the properties for the "Exit To Dos"
shortcut to "Let MS detect..." (original setting) because I knew this was going
to do nothing for me.

Anyway, I tried the E-Tesla6 again and it WORKED? I have no clue why. I think
MS is a little mixed up sometimes on the program it's trying to run. Anyway, as
odd as this sounds, I thought I should share it. Possibly Windows is smistaking
the program for a DOS app. and is giving the error.

I'm confused,
Bart

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Sarah Thompson" <sarah-at-telergy-dot-com>
>
> Sorry for the late reply. E-Tesla6 (assuming its still similar to E-Tesla 5
> when I was doing nasty things to it in the interest of even more speed) is
> not a DOS application.

<snips>