Re: darn the formula torpedoes (3 coils x 2 coils)

In a message dated 10/3/00 8:31:26 PM Pacific Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> built.
>  The magnifier, however, can always be built to transfer energy faster.
>  The maximum output voltage is the same with C1 and C3 fixed, and with
>  the same sizes of the last coil and terminal, the maximum spark length
>  is also about the same. The magnifier will, however, reach the limit
>  with less losses.
>
>  Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz

Antonio,

I agree with your comments.  I just want to clarify for the benefit
of others, that I was refering to magnifiers as they are commonly
built.  As far as I know, no one has tested the methods you
suggest in a magnifier that produces sparks.  It will be most
interesting to see the results when someone tries it.

John Freau