scope and signal generator

I am trying to measure the resonant frequencies of my secondary
and primary with a signal generator and a good scope. I was able
to figure the secondary at 268khz by wrapping a couple of loose
turns of wire around the base of the secondary (primary no where
around) and then looking at the scope for the highest amplitude
frequency.

Now for the hard part.... how do I hook up the same equipment to
the primary circuit to measure the same thing. I'm sure I will need
to short my gap to put the cap and primary coil in series, but where
do I connect the generator and scope.
Thanks in advance for the help.

Jeff Montgomery
Palestine, Texas