Primary wiring

Hello!

For the first time since the "demo from hell" (Aug 15, 2000), I fired up my
TC.  After replacing all 14 MOVs in the NST filter, and completely rewiring
the primary (LV & HV), I convinced (little convincing was needed, actually)
a good friend of mine to "loan" me his driveway yesterday evening to get
things reset up.

While attempting to get it tuned (would you believe that it took ~90
minutes just to get the SRSG phased correctly?), I realized that the wire I
use to tap the primary had a loop co-axial to the pancake primary.  Oops!
Obviously, a loop in the primary wiring will increase the inductance, but
by how much?  The loop was probably 4" D, while the primary ID is 10".

Then I started wondering if winding the same wire 1/4 turn around the
bottom of the primary would significantly affect the inductance.  Since, I
don't know, I thought I'd ask the experts.

Thanks.

Mark