Re: 555 timer driver for ignition coil

I've also messed about with a similar circuit, which used a couple of
transistors as an osc to
pulse a 2n3055. This was used to drive an ignition coil. I had no problems
with it, until I
connected it up to a variac and put about 15v in (not sure of current, but
the spark would ignite
paper) which blew the 3055.

Regards,
Ben