Re: Vortex gap loss measurements

Gary:

This is a very interesting experiment. First, when you
measured the slope during the ring down, did you see
the same size decrement of each succesive oscillation?
Is this what you mean by linear as oppossed to
logarithmic? Traditional wisdom purports that the
decay is according to V(t)=V(i)e^-rt where V(i) is the
forced initial potential on the capacitor. Your
results are very interesting however in that it flies
in the face of convention. The derived equation must
be something like V(t)= V(i)*-krt. I wonder if without
the secondary it is linear due to resistive losses
only. Without the secondary the additional absorption
of energy via the secondary mutual inductance is
missing which accounts for the linear decay? Also what
I found interseting was that with the gap distance the
slope remained constant. I would have expected greater
gap resistance at further distances but it seems that
the plasma provides a constant resistance no matter
how wide the spark gap is set (within reason of
course-I 'm sure at a foot the resistance would be
substantial as compared to 300 mil).

Also, does your scope generate a data file? If so, can
you share it?

Regards,
Dan

http://people.ne.mediaone-dot-net/lau/tesla/vortexgap.htm