Re: More tube coil stuff (Carl Willis)...

Hi John, Carl and list,

I have used a 600 Volt 20 amp Triac that actually outlasted a like SCR. But
certainly just a fluke, as a SCR has the more robust junction (it is still
functional to this day).

I will agree with John, you new 833 will probably not get you much longer
sparks. I have had some older pulls that were towards the end of there life
(ha! they at least found a fiery way out!) that do not give as good
performance, but usually the difference is only a couple inches of spark.

You mention your concern for the 555 (556) Staccato timer circuit in this
employ, don't be. They (555's) are quit robust, as long as you use the RF
bypass caps, they will work great. Now I have lost several 74LS123's though.

Regards,

David Trimmell
www.ChaoticUniverse-dot-com