Re: Getting Started

Jesse,

One of the best I've seen recently is Brent Turner's booklet:

"The Tesla Coil Book"
Brent Turner, 1996, 146pp. Available directly from the author at:
http://www.apc-dot-net/bturner/t-page.htm
About $24.00
This is a clearly written and technically accurate modern-day Tesla Coil
building text. Compiles some of the best information from the Tesla Coil
Builder's Mailing List and personal experiences of the author. Written
by a professional coiler.

Some other books that you might also find useful include:
1. "Modern Resonance Transformer Design Theory", D.C. Cox, 159pp, $29.50

2. "Tesla Coil Construction Guide", John Couture, 1994, 70pp, $22.50

3. "Modern Tesla Coil Design Theory", Duane Bylund, 1991, 129pp, $19.95

The three books above are available from:
Twenty First Century Books: http://www.tfcbooks-dot-com/booklist.htm
OR
Tesla Book Company:  http://WWW.TESLA-BOOK-dot-com/

Safe coilin' to you, Jesse!

-- Bert --
--
Bert Hickman
Stoneridge Engineering

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Jesse Schwartz" <jesse-at-livingtreecommunity-dot-com>
>
> Dear People.
> can anyone suggest some books on building a Tesla coil for someone whose
> only knowledge of electricity is from a highschool class years ago
> Kindest regards,
>
> Jesse Schwartz, Ph.D
>
> President
>
> Living Tree Community Foods
> P.O.Box 10082
> Berkeley,CA 94709
>
> Phone:510-526-7106 ext. 12
> Fax: 510-526-9516
> Web: www.livingtreecommunity-dot-com
> Email: jesse-at-livingtreecommunity-dot-com

<SNIP>