I am Dr. Megavolt

     Hello list folks,

     Just got back from Burning Man and had a great time!  We put on our
     biggest Dr. Megavolt show yet, with two simultaneously firing 25KW
     coils and two Faraday suits on top of a moving truck.  When both coils
     were going at once with a performer in the suit it was very, very
     impressive.

     We also got HAMMERED by the weather.  A full week of white-out desert
     dust storms and rain. Despite massive technical difficulties due to
     the weather we managed to put on three nights of shows, and had both
     coils running most of the time.  Wow am I tired:)

     We learned some valuable practical, real-life lessons about inductive
     current limiting, spark gap design, grounding and safety techniques on
     mobile platforms, Faraday suit fabrication, and running a big coil
     system under extreme weather conditions.  Some of these may be
     interesting to you folks and I will be posting a full post-mortem of
     our experience to the list soon.

     The Dr. Megavolt coil crew consists of:

     Dr. Austin Richards
     John Behrens