Re[2]: I am Dr. Megavolt

     Hey Greg,

     I'll post all the specs soon, but here's the answer to your specific
     questions:

     The two coils are discrete.  Ran off the same 125KW genny, and shared
     the same ground plane, that's it.  Pulled 200 amps when we hit them
     both at the same time, the genny was chugging.  They would hit each
     other constantly but I didn't see any of the continuous arc between
     them that you would get from an antiphase system, as i understand it.
     Probably better for our show to have them both throwing bolts
     everywhere.  The truck was barely long enough to hold them both and it
     was the biggest one we could rent without a special license.

     I believe we are doing at least 1mv out the top of each coil, but i'll
     have to check the math on that. . . How dare you impune the sacred
     name of Dr. Megavolt!!!!  just kidding, heh heh heh

     We didn't use the playa for ground, really.  We simply covered the
     entire top of the truck in chicken wire, which acted as a ground
     plane.  We had a cable that hung down with a bare end dragging on the
     ground as we drove, but very little RF seemed to be coming through it.

     We ran the new suit one night.  However, there were serious problems
     with it, because it is constructed out of a very fine metal
     screen/mesh.  This mesh is very hard to work with, and work hardens
     extremely quickly.  So after one performance the suit had big rips in
     it:(  The good ole' birdcage suit worked fine though.  Or I wouldn't
     be writing this . .  .

     By the way, some guy came up and gave us a really sweet b/w picture of
     your coil from '98.  Hopefully it didn't get lost in the shuffle,
     Austin should have it.  People still talk about when you brought your
     coil. . .

     paul mathus