Re: Splicing

In a message dated 9/11/00 8:48:26 AM Central Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

<< 1. remove the 12 or so inches that terminates at the RF ground terminal.
 2. sand off the enamel on the end of the broken wire...about 1/2 inch. File
 the #22 smooth.
 3. Do the same for a new piece of wire.
 4. Tin both. >>
Hi Ted,
Replies to TedRosenberg-at-radioshack-dot-com keep getting rejected by Tandy
majordomo????

 Glad to learn that I did not miss the birth of your coil. Sorry about the
 writing hiatus, we drove up to the North shore Chicago suburbs to visit
 relatives. Had to wear shoes up there.

 IMHO, a splice at the ground end of the coil will be of no consequence,
 especially if
 neatly done and well soldered. I hope you are using a variac with AC Amp and
Voltmeters
 to fire-up this beast. Did the welding arcover damage the nice plexiglass?

 Regards,
 Ralph Zekelman