RSG material?

Hello list members.

I am currently attempting to build an SRSG. I have located a motor for
modification and will be running 3600 RPM. I gather I need 2
electrodes on the rotor. I see a lot of series gap designs on the net.
Is that something I should look into? I would like to shoot for the
120 bps system. Firing every half cycle.

I would like to gap to handle 5-10 KVA without melting. With runtimes
of 1-2 minutes tops. I was thinking tungsten electrodes (the arc
welder kind).

I would like to know what to make the rotor from. G-10 would be nice,
but expensive. Messages seem to indicate it is hard to work as well. I
am pretty much limited to hand tools at the moment, so I need to be
able to work the stuff without buying a machine shop. How big should
the rotor be? And where can I buy the material to make it from? A cost
estimate would be nice. I also need to know how to connect the rotor
to the motor shaft.

Any help appreacted.

Travis