Re: Odd numbers

Hi Sundog,

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "sundog" <sundog-at-timeship-dot-net>
>
> Hi all,
>
>  Thanks Bart :)
>
>   Obviously I have some glaring flaws in the math, but I plead "public
> education."
>      That being said,
>
>  I'm leaning towards the higher voltages more than higher current.  Okay,
> really I want both, but voltage looks to be a more worthwhile increase.
> Maybe I should go get that 28kv PT...$250 for it I believe.  I dunno.  Got
> other bills too :(

<snip>
NST's or PT's or PIG's. All comes down to how much change is in your pocket and
the deals you come across. Don't discount current. It's needed for cap
charging. Bigger caps = more current for charging in the same amount of time.
Notice there are all kinds of comprimises (like not charging in the same time
frame - lower BPS).

Something to keep in mind:

3 NST's for a 12/120 source will reach Vp faster than a 28/120 PT. Try looking
at the charge rate using your 76nF and you soon realize a 28/300 would be real
nice.

IE: A 28/120 reaches full charge in 88.67ms (so what will Vp be at 120bps or
8.333ms?)
    ~13,400V (34%, a long way to go to reach 39kvp)

    A 12/120 reaches full charge in 38ms (same question)
    ~10,700V (63% to reach 17kvp and therefore reaches Vp faster)

Not much of a difference unless you comprise and wait for the PT to reach Vp
and break at a slower bps or step up the current to charge faster. It's the
large cap size slowing it down. So all this just to say "the current is just as
important as the voltage".

Take care,

Bart