Re: 2x9 secondary

dale, all

Tesla list wrote:

> It need not be solid, however commonly available galvanized coated steel
>   will not be as effective as Cu or Al at high freq, but it is worth a try
> if you have some.
>   Does anyone know of a mfr/distr of Al mesh ?

in looking for a better faraday type material for my coiling lab, i came across
some expanded aluminum gutter guard. this stuff, although only 6" wide, is very
thick and constructed along the same lines as expanded metal. i found that the
fact that al. screen is not really connected, strand to strand, so it
doesn't do
well for grounding shield in my room? seems as though the streamers go
every where
but the screen, the gutter guard attracts it like a magnet. cheap too.