Re: Conductive paint?

Original poster: "Troy Peterson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <tpeterso-at-home-dot-com>

Well great to see the fleury of activity caused by this post.
Unfortunatly I have only had experience with one brand of 'conductive
paint' I don't remember now what brand it was, or what its intendid pupose
really was. Sorry I
cannot help, but this sounds like an interesting experiment for someone who
is willing to pay the price of "a second mortgage" to experiment with the
various paints.
That bronzing paint you mention sounds simmilar to something I saw a long
time ago - should be widly available but I never thought any thing of it,
that was before I
started coiling. What I am reffering to is a lubricant made of bronze (I
think, maybe copper) suspended in a liquid. I saw it in a machine shop and
never checked it's
continuity, but it might work good since it is a thick paste.... The only
problem is that it would never dry. I look forward to hearing other
people's oppinions on this.

Regards,
Troy Peterson

>Troy,
>
>Many years ago it was easy to find radiator paint such as bronzing or
>aluminum paint
>which, as I recall, was a suspension of the metal in banana oil. The entire
>surface of the radiator was conductive and we could use the screw on the
>valve stem for a good
>electrical ground. I have tried to find bronzing with no success. Also,
>McMaster-Carr
>sells what they claim to be an electrically conductive paint for the price of
>a second
>mortgage. Can you please comment on these conductive paints, especially the
>radiator
>bronzing.
>
>Cheers,
>Ralph Zekelman