Re: Need Ozone

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Tesla729-at-cs-dot-com>

In a message dated 4/3/01 2:46:01 PM Central Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> Sounds like smaller or less powerful coil
> have the potential to
> produce more O3 since there is less heat to eat up the O3.
>
> Cheers
>
> Tom

Hi Tom , Ed,

I, too, have noticed this effect. My smaller, NST driven coils
really seemed to generate copious amounts of O3, while my
big, pole pig driven coil seems to only produce a detectable
O3 odor right after immidiately powering it up. After it has run
for 30 secs. or so, there is little noticable O3 odor. When I ran
my smallish, NST driven coils, the longer that I ran them, the
worse that the O3 problem got. As a matter of fact, I've gotten
myself quite sick from overexposing myself to the O3 produced
by the smaller coils. It causes asthma-like wheezing w/ terrible
coughing that makes your head feel like it's going to explode
every time you do cough. And it takes 30 to 45 minutes to get
over these symptoms, even after moving to fresh, uncontaminated
air. I've never gotten "ozone-sick" from running my 10 ft. spark
throwing, pig-driven coil. That's one reason I don't play much with
smaller coils anymore.

David Rieben