Re: Cornell-Dubilier caps (was salt water caps or buckets?)

Hi Chris,

The "942C series" from Cornell-Dubilier are the ones to get!  Metal foil
and all the good stuff.  They also contributed a bunch for free to the geek
group!!!  That is pretty rare considering the demand for these caps!  I
don't have a lot of hard test data on these CD caps but all looks good!
Avoid the 940 series like the plague but CD 942C caps looks like they are
in this to stay ;-))  MMCs and Tesla coil caps are probably the hardest use
a poly cap could ever find itself in.  20kV+, hundreds of amps, full, if
not "over voltage" reversal, not too "informed" end users ;-))...  No
"weenie" caps could stand up to such torture and only the truly best caps
survive...  This stuff has not gone unnoticed in the power buyers in the
cap industry either ;-))

Cheers,

	Terry